For Catholic academies across Kent to deliver outstanding spiritual, moral and learning outcomes for children and young people by collaborating as a Catholic community of academies, working together and with others, and based on excellent leadership and teaching, with Gospel values at its heart.
Key benefits of working together:
- the opportunity to benefit from and contribute to high calibre academy improvement support and challenge, based on a forensic appreciation of what success in each academy looks like, how it is brought about, sustained and built upon
- a strong, collaborative approach, maximizing existing leadership and teaching expertise, and drawing on best practice in education research and pedagogy
- knowledgeable, accessible and responsive support services which are valued by academies because they allow leaders to maintain their focus on the essential task of running a Catholic academy that is at least good or better
- continuing professional development for all academy staff, governors and other volunteers, designed to meet current and future leadership and learning priorities
- the active promotion of success, locally, nationally and internationally, fostering strong relationships with press, media and others so that parents increasingly choose a Catholic education, academy morale is kept high and the best teachers stay with and are attracted to Catholic education in Kent.
- A capital programme focused on Catholic academies and negotiated with commissioners based on current and anticipated pressures across the Catholic academy estate
- services brokered on behalf of Catholic academies in Kent from a position of strength resulting from at least 32 Catholic academies working together and for each other
The ultimate aim:
Growing numbers of children and young people in Catholic academies, meeting and exceeding expectations, happy in their faith and in themselves, and using their faith and skills, social and academic, for the betterment of their own lives, that of their families and their wider communities.