Job Purpose: To manage, maintain and develop the Trust’s CPD Core Offer Programme; and to ensure efficient and effective administration and operation of all CPD courses and opportunities
- Managing, maintaining and developing the KCSP CPD Core Offer Programme
- Administration and operation of all KCSP CPD Core Offer Programme courses
Accountable to: Director of Finance and HR (CPD Lead)
Managing, maintaining and developing the KCSP CPD Core Offer Programme
- Draft and collate content for the KCSP CPD Core Offer Programme brochure (print and online formats)
- Ensure the CPD Lead and CPD Leadership Group are updated on all CPD Core Offer Programme changes, additions, cancellations and new course requests
- Communicate regularly with academies and their senior leadership teams to ensure awareness of the CPD Core Offer Programme.
- Ensure all pages within the CPD section of the KCSP website are regularly updated and accurate at all times
- Source new CPD courses and providers as required, ensuring satisfactory research has been undertaken and related costs acquired, and the CPD needs of academies have been considered wherever possible
- Send out termly CPD updates via email/print to all academies
- Send out Trust-wide course reminders in a timely and clear format
- Review and collate the learning and professional development requirements of the Trust’s employees (develop the CPD Core Offer)
- Be strategic rather than reactive in assessing the skills and knowledge within the Trust and determine what training is required in order to grow and retain the skills, liaising with relevant colleagues on CPD requirements accordingly
- Consider the anticipated costs of programmes/courses and ensure that the provision remains within budget
- Liaise with third party training providers and online training providers to ensure that courses and programmes are relevant and/or Trust-specific where required.
- Assist the CPD Lead in developing a training strategy for the Trust.
Administration of all KCSP CPD Core Offer Programme courses
- Maintain and update CPD course booking spreadsheet and academy course attendance spreadsheet at all times
- Maintain and update the online booking system, ensuring course information is accurate and clear
- Send out course reminders to the relevant attendees in a timely and clear format
- Source and book suitable venues, refreshments and IT provision for CPD courses as required
- Provide administrative support to course facilitators as required
- Provide support to Governance colleagues in relation to all Governor/Director CPD as required
- Be responsible for producing the three-year budget for the CPD function for authorisation by the Director of Finance and HR
- Produce accurate monthly financial monitoring for submission to the Trust Finance Team
- Process all CPD related invoices on the PSF system and ensure these are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Consider the anticipated costs of programmes/courses and ensure that the provision remains within Budget
- Issue online training logins to Trust staff as required
- Manage relationships with external training providers ensuring best value
- Maintain effective relationships across the Trust and with providers, working with colleagues to ensure high levels of engagement and a high quality of service is offered
- Keep abreast of developments in all key areas of responsibility, and to think creatively and constructively to ensure that the role is fulfilled in the most effective and efficient way
- interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels within the Trust, motivate others and change people's attitudes when necessary
- written and spoken communication skills that allow you to inform and advise others clearly
- presentation skills
- a strong customer-focused background
- problem-solving and negotiation skills
- initiative and the ability to offer new ideas
- strong teamworking skills and a collaborative approach to learning, both face-to-face and remotely
- organisational and planning skills to manage your time and to meet deadlines and objectives
- good time-keeping skills and the ability to multitask to enable you to effectively manage training schedules
- proactive, enthusiastic and innovative approach to work
- personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills and a passion for continuing learning and development.
- Previous experience of working within a Learning & Development or CPD environment;
- Preferably within the education industry, although not essential
KCSP, as the largest, single Catholic MAT in the south of England, is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and requires all staff, helpers and Governors to share this commitment. Offers of employment are subject to an enhanced disclosure and barring service check and section 128 check.
You can find the application form and all of the related documents for this role at the bottom of this page.
Please send your completed Catholic Education Service (CES) Application Form, completed CES Recruitment Monitoring Form, CES Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 Disclosure Form and CES Consent to Obtain References Form to the Director of Finance & HR at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Friday, 13th March 2020
Shortlisted candidates to be notified: no later than Friday, 20th March 2020
Interviews will be held during the week commencing: 27th March 2020