Panel Training for Clerks
Led by ‘The Education People’, the aim of this session is to provide the Trust’s Clerks with an understanding of the Clerk's role in preparing and managing governing body panel hearings such as exclusion, disciplinary and complaints panels, to support the development of competence and confidence in managing the process.
Please note: Clerk attendance at this training is compulsory.
The session will include:
- Why do hearings and panels take place
- Types of hearings
- Policies and documents including the Equality Act and ACAS principles
- Outline of each type of hearing with timescales
- Role of the Clerk
- Role of the Clerk before the meeting
- Role of the Clerk on the day and during the meeting
- Role of the Clerk after the meeting
- Document retention
Course date & venue:
Wednesday, 13th November 2019, KCSP, Barham Court, Teston, ME18 5BZ
Course times: 2pm – 4pm