Questions and Challenge Training
Led by ‘The Education People’, this course focuses on the second core function of governance “holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff”.
The final course session (22nd April 2020) specifically covers Effective Monitoring Visits. The session will enable Governors at all levels to understand how the monitoring process, including visits, impacts on the Trust, Executive and Governing Bodies; and how robust triangulation and evaluation of the academy picture together with how the informed views of all stakeholders are taken into account. Maximum of xx delegates for each session.
During the course participants will explore:
Accountability - the second key feature of effective governance, including:
• The need for rigorous analysis of pupil progress and attainment with comparison against local and national benchmarks and over time and how this relates to the quality of education
• Clear processes for overseeing and monitoring academy improvement and providing constructive challenge to leaders within the Trust structure
• Outline how the performance management system, which is understood by all in the organisation and linked to defined strategic priorities, drives the outcomes of the academy
• How the Trust, Executive and Governing bodies hold their leaders to account for improving pupil and staff performance by asking the right questions and the use specific data about their academy to help inform these questions
• The competency framework and skills required by Governors at all levels both individually and collectively as a whole board.
Course dates, times & venues:
Saturday, 28th September 2019, 9am – 1pm, St Anselm’s Secondary, Canterbury, CT1 3EN
Tuesday, 24th March 2020, 6pm – 8pm, KCSP, Barham Court, Teston, ME18 5BZ
Wednesday, 22nd April 2020, 6pm – 8pm, Barham Court, Teston, ME18 5BZ